What to Write in a 20th Birthday Card
A 20th birthday is significant because it comes between the milestones of 18 and 21, is the first year after the teens, and marks a new decade. It’s also the last decade before people start making jokes about being old, middle-aged, or over the hill.
Since the jokes about being old aren’t relevant yet, you’ll have to be a little more creative. Inside jokes are great if you know the person well enough, but that’s not always possible or appropriate. If you’re feeling stumped, use these 20th birthday wishes for inspiration!
Funny 20th Birthday Quotes
Writing something funny on a birthday card is always a great idea. In this case, you just need to say something related to turning 20. Here are some ideas to help you:
- Somehow you have survived being a teenager! Congratulations!
- Did you hear about the 20-year-old who was still cool? Yeah, me neither. Happy 20th!
- You have no excuse to act stupid; you’re not a teenager anymore, and you’re not old enough to drink yet!
Sincere 20th Birthday Messages
These birthday wishes for a 20-year-old are a little more on the sincere side. If you want to write something serious or meaningful, use these ideas for inspiration.
- I hope that your 20th is everything that you dreamed it could be.
- I can’t believe you are in your 20s. I hope this proves to be an excellent decade in your life.
- May your wisdom increase as you move out of your teenage years.
- I wish you the best on this milestone birthday.
Poems for Someone’s 20th Birthday
Poems are a great way to convey a sincere or funny message to someone on their 20th birthday. Use one of these example poems or write one of your own!
You’re 20 and that’s a big deal
Because you’re no longer a teen
There’s no sadness yet to feel
Your 20s are yet to be seen
20 Looks Good on You
I still can’t buy you a beer
But I’ll tell you the truth
You’re wearing another year
And 20 looks good on you
Change Your View
Being the perfect age must be rough
Being in your physical prime is tough
You’re expected to be all grown up
But you’re really still just a young pup
20 is just the beginning of getting old
And your next milestone will feel cold
Because 30 is coming soon for you
You’ll have to start changing your view