One-year-old babies may not be able to understand or appreciate your birthday wishes, but their parents certainly will. Adorable birthday messages to a baby may also be stored as a keepsake for the child to enjoy when they get older. Here are some cute example messages to inspire you to write a happy birthday card to a one-year-old child.
Happy First Birthday Messages From a Guest
It can be difficult to think of the sentiments you’d like to express when penning a birthday card to a one-year-old. Below, you’ll find great examples of sweet, heartwarming, funny, and meaningful first birthday messages that can be used for inspiration by anyone writing a card for a one-year-old’s birthday.
- May your baby steps towards your birthday cake become your journey towards the best times in your life. Happy birthday, little one.
- Happy first birthday to the magician in our lives, the cute toddler who takes away all our worries with a single smile.
- May the first birthday of your life mark the first of many good things to come. Happy birthday.
- You light up my world. Please keep being the shining star that you are—happy first birthday!
Funny First Birthday Wishes
When in doubt, write something funny! First birthday parties are fun and the atmosphere is light-hearted, so everyone will enjoy a good laugh. Here are some chortle-inducing ideas to write in a one-year-old’s birthday card:
- Happy first birthday! Mom and Dad, I hope you’re ready for the terrible twos.
- Booh bah loo whoo tee noo. In your language, wish you a happy first birthday.
- Your first birthday will be one of the few occasions when your mom will give you a gift that means nothing to you and your dad will show you off to the world. Enjoy, happy birthday!
- Have a ONE-derful birthday!
- I’ve known you since before you were born, so I probably know you better than you know yourself. Happy first birthday!
Inspirational Quotes for a First Birthday Card
If you’re not sure what to write in a one-year-old’s birthday card, you may just want to put a cute or inspirational quote for the parents (and the baby, when they grow up) to appreciate and enjoy:
- “Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!” —Dr. Seuss
- “You don’t get older, you get better.” —Shirley Bassey
- “Don’t just count your years, make your years count.” —George Meredith
- “With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.” —William Shakespeare
- “Today is the oldest you have been, and the youngest you will ever be. Make the most of it!” —Nicky Gumbel
- “Birthdays come but once a year, celebrate and be of good cheer.” —Robert Rivers
Happy First Birthday From Mom or Dad
The first year of parenthood is exhausting, beautiful, and eye-opening. Here are some messages you can put in a birthday card for your baby for them to cherish when they grow up:
- You are my darling one year old who is more precious than a box of gold. Happy birthday!
- You are so precious to me and your [mother/father]. We look forward to many more years of joy! Happy first birthday!
- Here’s to 365 days of being your [mom/dad]. Happy birthday!
- Happy first birthday to my shining star! I love you to the moon and back.
- My darling, you are so sweet and chubby—you remind me of a cute little teddy. Happy first birthday to you.
- You are so sweet that if you were a cake I would have eaten you up. Happy birthday to my one-year-old honey bun.
- Happy first birthday! We can’t wait to see what you accomplish in your life.
Birthday Messages From a Brother or Sister
It can be hard for kids to adjust to a new baby in the house. Depending on the older sibling’s age, you may or may not want to consider helping them write a cute birthday card for their baby brother or sister. Here are some adorable, sweet, and funny ideas for a child to write in a first birthday card:
- Thanks for being my baby [brother/sister]! You are only one year old now, but soon we will play together every day. Happy birthday!
- At first, I was jealous of you because I was the baby before you arrived, but now I am so glad to have a baby [brother/sister]! Happy birthday!
- Happy first birthday to the best baby ever! I love being your big [brother/sister]!
- Happy birthday! I will always be there for you because I’m your big [brother/sister].
- Happy birthday! I’m still the favorite.