What to Write in Your Parents’ Anniversary Card
If it’s difficult to figure out what to write in an anniversary card for your parents, then look no further—this is your lifeline. Whether your parents have been together for 1 year or 50, you’ll get ideas here.
Consider the type of theme you want your message to have. You can say congratulations with your message. You can say thank you. You can say something funny. You can say something encouraging. It’s all up to you, so read over the following examples to get some direction.
When you say congratulations, you are acknowledging your parents’ accomplishment. This is a great way to tell them you are proud of them. Congratulate your parents on the time they have been together with these examples.
- I’m proud of both of you for having such a long-lasting marriage.
- You two deserve a big congratulations for your Anniversary.
- Being together as long as you guys have been is quite an accomplishment!
- You’ve proven your commitment with perseverance and tenacity!
- You guys have been together for __ years! Congrats!
- Wow! What an amazing amount of time for an amazing couple to be together.
Show your appreciation for the blessing that your parents’ marriage has been in your life.
- Thank you for providing such a stable, successful, and long-lasting example of love. What you lack in perfection, you make up in consistency.
- I’m still learning from both of you how to have a successful marriage.
- You two are the biggest influences on my life—your being together this long is an inspiration.
- It took two really patient people working hard together to help me survive to adulthood. You guys have been through a lot together.
- Thank you for being so committed to your family. Your relationship has been a constant that our family can depend on even as it grows larger.
- I’d like to take some credit for your successful marriage. I think your marriage deserves the credit for me.
Encourage your parents the way they encouraged you growing up with a nice positive acknowledgment.
- Keep going strong! I’m a fan of you guys and your relationship together.
- You guys are a great inspiration!
- Keep being an amazing couple!
- You should teach a class on how to stay married for ___ years!
- I am looking forward to being able to congratulate you on the next big anniversary milestone.
- You two are proof that whatever starts in love can never be finished.
Anniversary Wishes for a Remarried Parent
When your parents have divorced and become remarried to other people, it can be a challenge to write something tactful. This is especially true if you don’t care for the new spouse. Keep in mind that this has less to do with you and should be more about them. It’s best to not send a card at all if you cannot be sincere in wishing them a happy anniversary. Here are some funny examples of what you might write to remarried parents, but only if they have a great sense of humor.
- Sometimes you have to fail before you can succeed. It’s no different with marriages.
- I’m glad you didn’t marry each other first, because I wouldn’t have ever been born.
The key to a sincere message is going to be to keep it general, light, and short. Here are some good things to write.
- Wishing you a happy day as you celebrate your anniversary!
- I’m grateful to have both of you in my life.
- I hope you have another great year together.
- Happy anniversary to one of the most interesting couples I know!