Admit it: When you think of Thanksgiving, the first thing that comes to mind is food. The holiday will forever be linked to turkey legs, side dishes of every conceivable type, and pumpkin pie topped with fluffy mounds of whipped cream. And then there are the leftovers – days and days of wonderful, delicious leftovers.
But Thanksgiving is more than just a meal. If you stop thinking with your stomach for a second, you can begin to appreciate the unique flavor of this beloved holiday. Of course, that includes the declared meaning of Thanksgiving, which is to be grateful for what we have. But there’s so much more.
For a taste of what the holiday has to offer, sink your teeth into the following list of classic, original, and sometimes funny Thanksgiving phrases. Whether you’re looking for a catchy slogan for a project you’re working on, or just some Turkey Day inspiration, this list will leave you feeling satisfied (and possibly ready for a nap).
- Blessed Beyond Belief, Thankful Beyond Words
- ‘Tis the Season to be Thankful
- Gobble ‘Til You Wobble
- Here Comes the Gravy Train
- Thankful & Blessed
- Who’s Ready For Turkey?
- Gather and be Grateful
- Get Ready For Leftovers
- Pass the Gravy
- Give Thanks
- It’s the Thyme of the Season
- Thankful For Life, Love, and Family
- Eat, Drink & Be Merry
- Get Your Fat Pants On
- Gobblers Welcome
- Happy Fall, Y’All
- There’s Always Room at the Table For One More
- Let’s Talk Turkey
- Gather For the Feast
- Pumpkin Spice & Everything Nice
- Give Thanks, Eat, Nap, Repeat
- Count Your Blessings
- Eat, Drink & Be Thankful
- Gobblers Beware
- I Cran Barely Contain My Excitement For Thanksgiving
- There’s Always Room For Pie
- Honor the First Thanksgiving
- Thankful For Thanksgiving
- It’s Turkey Time!
Looking for even more Turkey Day phrases? You can find more cute and clever wording ideas in our lists of turkey puns and Thanksgiving puns.