Happy Birthday Wishes, Messages, and Poems for a Friend
Happy Birthday Wishes, Messages, and Poems for a Friend
Can’t think of what to write in your friend’s birthday card? I’ve got a variety of suggestions to help you out. Feel free to use these messages as they are or modify them to fit your situation.
- Punchy Card Wishes
- In-Depth Paragraph Messages
Punchy Messages for a Happy Birthday Card
These messages are short and to the point. A lot of them are funny and light-hearted. You want to let your friend know that you care about them and that you want them to have a good time. These messages are the perfect length for a card.
- It was really hard to choose a gift for you, because you’re so trendy and fashionable, just like me. We ‘re supposed to be the best friends! Happy birthday to you.
- When I write this birthday wish, I feel like I am writing to my own brother / sister. Thank you for being a wonderful person in my life. Happy birthday to you.
- A tear rolls down my face when I think about how much I miss you. We may have moved apart, but your birthday brings back memories that make me smile, laugh, and weep. Wishing you a really dry, caring, happy birthday, my friend!
- We’ve been good to you all year round, and today we deserve a big party on your birthday. Dig deep into your pockets, pal; we ‘re not making it easy for you!
- Karma is getting to you big time, pal. Because you have been a wonderful friend all year round, today I’ve gone the extra mile and planned a lovely surprise for you. Hope you like it. Happy birthday!
- The worst part of being friends with you is that…. Umm… mmmm… I mean…. Hang on, it’ll come to me…. See… it’s like… You know…. The worst part is…. Ummm… Okay, okay, I give up! There is not a single bad thing about you or our friendship. I love you dearly. Happy birthday, buddy!
- I’m so far from you, but I still feel like you’re right next to me — and we’re celebrating your birthday. Cheers, my mate, a thousand miles away. You ‘re always going to be in my mind and my heart. Happy birthday to you!
- On your birthday today, you ‘re going to be surrounded by good friends and a huge celebration. What else do you ask for? Uhh, gifts, I think. Don’t worry, you ‘re going to have those too! Happy birthday, lovely girl.
- Don’t forget how much fun you’ve had today, so you can do the same thing for me when it’s my birthday! Happy birthday, dear friend of mine. Hope brings an eternal smile to your face this day.
- When I write a birthday wish for you, I make a wish for myself. I wish our relationship will last forever. Happy birthday to you!
- I didn’t know the meaning of friendship until I met you. Because then, like no other, I have loved our friendship. Happy birthday, dad.
You ‘re king / queen for a day; have fun while it lasts!
- In this cold winter morning, I get a really warm feeling. Your birthday is a reminder of how important you are in my life. Thanks for being such a wonderful friend. Happy birthday to you!
- No birthday card, birthday cake, balloons, presents or parties can be enough to show you how much you mean to me. However, I still have all of you, plus a message from the bottom of my heart: Happy birthday!
- A special day is a special day for a special person. Happy birthday, dad.
- I couldn’t have imagined a better day to tell you how boring my life would have been without you. Happy birthday, dad.
- No matter how many challenges I face at work, I’m looking forward to finishing the day on a happy note because I’m going to hang out with a friend like you. Thank you for keeping the smile alive on my face. Happy birthday, buddy, have a good one!
- You ‘re the reason I wake up every morning and say, “Today I ‘m going to have a wonderful day.” You ‘re the best, buddy. Happy birthday to you.
- Do you know the those with the largest hearts generally have the best birthdays? Now, let me make sure you have a great day. Happy birthday, dad!
- So, where are we going to open the champagne tonight? That cool, newly opened restaurant, huh? What time are we supposed to get there?
- You deserve the finest drinks, presents, parties, treats, surprises and wishes. Happy birthday to you. You ‘re a really cool guy.
- There is no way that I can pour out my heart to you in two lines. I’m going to give you a long hug and express all my feelings to you. I hope that today is a perfect day for you. Happy birthday to you.
- Promise me on your birthday today that you’re going to be the person you ‘re forever — silent, fuzzy, funny, witty, and total comic. Happy birthday to the greatest friend in the world!
- Let’s make sure our friendship lasts forever! Happy birthday to you.
The coolest person in the world deserves the best party in town. I hope you’ve found out that you’re up for a big night of fun and a great time. Happy birthday to you!
- Do you know that my life would have been much better without you? Yet who wants to live like that? Not me, man. Happy birthday to the craziest, most fun-loving mate I have ever had.
- We are joined in the hip; our friendship is forever secured with the bond of love. Happy birthday, a beautiful guy.
Today, I pray to God that all your hopes and goals will be fulfilled, that all your wishes and actions will be fruitful, and that all your friends and family will always be with you. Happy birthday to you.
- I don’t really need to remind you that every single moment of your life I have your back, right? I hope you’ve got a big day and a wonderful year ahead. Happy birthday to you!
- What’s salsa without tomato? What’s my life without you? I’ve got bags full of love and wishes for you on your special day today. Happy birthday.
- No amount of distance, misunderstandings, mistrust, or circumstances can ever break the chord of friendship between us. Happy birthday.
- Just because it’s your birthday today, I’m going to cover up your crazy drunken antics. Cheers to you on your birthday, mate.
- I hope you have stocked up on food and drinks because I’m bringing on a massive party at your place. Happy birthday to you, buddy. Be prepared to be sloshed!
- Do you know why giving you special wishes on your birthday is not a big deal for me? It’s because you’re a special friend to me who is there every single day of my life. Happy birthday, and I wish you all the happiness in the world.
- I can handle the sorrow and pain of the worst failures, but I am sure I won’t be able to handle losing a person like you. I hope that you get everything you’ve always wanted today and that we remain best friends forever. Happy birthday!
- I’m surprised that even though we’ve been friends all these years, we’ve never gotten bored of each other. How could we? After all, I keep planning these awesome birthday parties for you! I hope you like this one.
- I’m sorry to inform you that you’ve just got a year older mate. But look at the bright side, you’ve just spent a whole year more with a buddy like me. Thank your stars, and here’s to many more! Happy birthday!
- I couldn’t find any gift worthy of the friendship that you have given to me. Don’t worry, I still got you something you’ve always wanted. Happy birthday.
- On your birthday today, I hope that you become successful, rich, and famous. You will share everything with me, won’t you? After all, good friendships are based on sharing and caring; don’t forget! Happy birthday.
- If not for you, I wouldn’t have seen the crazy side of life. Thanks for bringing the fun back into my life day after day! Happy birthday, mate.
- Our friendship has given me all the support I could ever have asked for. Today, I just want to let you know that I am there for you no matter what, now and forever. Happy birthday, my dear friend.
- We’ve done the coolest, craziest, and the most fun things together. Let’s go crazy celebrating your birthday today to gather some more memories that we’ll both cherish forever. Happy birthday!
- Your birthday came around so soon. It feels like yesterday when we celebrated your last birthday. You are going to love what I have lined up for you this year. Happy birthday, buddy!
- Birthdays should be fun, crazy, and wild—just like the one I’ve planned for you today. Happy birthday, mate!
How Do I Write a Happy Birthday Paragraph for My Friend?
Sometimes, you want something a little more involved than a simple platitude. Heartfelt and humorous messages are the way to go! I’m going to show you have to write a long happy birthday paragraph that involves lots of specifics and good memories. These don’t need to be in any specific order, just be genuine!
- Brainstorm Some Positive Memories: The first thing you ‘re supposed to do is write a list or just brainstorm all the good memories you can think of with this friend. Have you ever seen any wild drunken antics? Is this friend still there for you when you were sad? Will you have the kind of song the you guys always sing at the top of your lungs in the car? These unique, meaningful memories will be integrated into the essay. Depending on what you want the tone of your article to be, you could choose a funny picture, a sad one, or a mix of many different ones.
- Give Specific Compliments: It’s the birthday of your mate! Ask them precisely why they’re so amazing in particular. Are they completely supportive of this? Are they the Evil Puns Monarch? Will they have a particular way to say “horror” or “street lamp” Let them know exactly what makes them different. It is sure to make them smile because it shows you pay attention and care.
- Recall Inside Jokes or Heartfelt Memories:Remember the one time you said, “Just one more shot”—and then ended up in a real house of dogs? What is the palm tree? Or was there a dance-off in the kitchen that time? Every one else, including you and your friend are likely to do it. It’s a perfect time to recall the funny stories and memories you guys had. Jokes are not the only things that tie people together. Instead, you may want to share a nostalgic memory. Moments when your friend was helpful, supported you with a big gift, or simply had your back, are great memories to revisit.
- Tell Them How Much You Care: Usually, this is a great way to close your card. Tell your friend how much it means to you, in no uncertain terms, and wish them a happy birthday.
- Tell Them What You Got Them: Based on whether or not you can get a gift from your mate, you may want to include it in your wallet. To certain people, a gift may only be warm wishes. For others, it might look like a night in the city or something they really wanted to get the birthday person.
Sample Paragraph Birthday Messages
- Birthday Person: Justin
- Memory: Too much Taco Bell
- Specific Compliment: Illuminating smile and good movie taste
- Caring Comment: Lucky to have such a thoughtful person around
- Present: Dinner at favorite sushi restaurant
Justin! It’s your birthday! Woo! I’m so glad that I get to celebrate with you this year. I was trying to think of what I wanted to say to you… and I kept coming back to that time that we thought buying $24 worth of Taco Bell at 3 a.m. was a good idea. You know what’s not a good idea? Buying $24 dollars worth of Taco Bell and eating every last bit of it. This year, we should probably aim for something a little classier than Taco Bell. I’d love to take you to Arigato’s sushi for dinner—and of course take you out for a drink after. I am so lucky to have such a thoughtful, kind, and supportive person in my life. The best part about you is the way that your smile illuminates a room—and that we share the same bizarre taste in campy b-rate horror movies! I’m sure that’s how we’ve only managed to get closer over the years. Can’t wait to celebrate with you soon.
- Birthday Person: Anna
- Memory: Life-affirming conversations
- Specific Compliment: Ability to listen, be supportive, and encouraging
- Caring Comment: Wouldn’t be the person I am today without your friendship
- Present: Picnic on the beach, maybe some mimosas, and some downtime together
I have the privilege of wishing one of my favorite people in the universe happy birthday today. It feels like we’ve been friends for much longer than we have. You mean the world the world to me. You’re always ready to listen to anything I need or want to talk about. You consistently encourage me to be a better version of myself—without making me feel like this version is insufficient. It’s magnificent to have such a wonderful person in my life. You have been with me for so many emotionally significant things. I couldn’t have asked for a better person to be in my life. Thank you. So, what are we doing for your birthday? It seems like you’d really enjoy some downtime with your favorite Reuben sandwich, me, and the ocean. Let me know when you’re free because we’re having a beach picnic day!
- Birthday Person: Cait
- Memory: First meeting
- Specific Compliment: A positively glowing personality
- Caring Comment: Excited to get to know you more
- Present: Craft night
We’ve been circling around the peripheries of each other’s social circles for some time now. I recall a couple of months ago when I saw you at Jack’s dinner party. Your performance has been captivating. Those who have the kind of sparkling aura you ‘re doing are rare. We hit it off, and I’d love to get back together again. I know you worked pretty hard on your latest art idea, so I was thinking we should do the perfect art party, bring everyone together, and just make art for your birthday?
A poem can range from a long epic to a silly, short poems. The ones you’ll find below are more of the short, humorous variety. There are lots of other types of poems you might compose as well, such as limericks, haikus, or acrostic poems.
You’re my 2 a.m. pal.
You’re my daily delight.
You’re my partner in crime.
You’re my BFF and ever.
I would have never known what friendship means without you.
I would have never known what companionship means without you.
I would have never known what trust means without you.
I would have never known what being blessed means without you.
Thanks for being there for me every step of the way.
Today is your birthday.
Let’s all shout “hooray.”
Let’s be denizens of the night
but not get in a bar fight.
Let’s celebrate you
and bring all your friends too!
Bad poetry is the best gift.
Through unwanted presents you won’t have to sift.
I hope you enjoy these shoddy rhymes.
It’s your birthday, so we should have a good time.
I could keep going, but
can I just buy you a beer instead?
Surprises That Say “Happy Birthday!”
If it is your friend’s birthday and you want to stand out from everyone else wishing them a happy birthday, try to do something different. Here are some great ideas.
- Leave sticky notes all over your friend’s desk.
- Email them different birthday wishes every hour of the day. You could also tweet them on Twitter or post on their Facebook wall.
- Make a big banner and hang it in a place where your friend can see it the minute they walk into class/the office.
- Take your them to a surprise party.
- Go wish your them a happy birthday in person at midnight.
- Anonymously send your buddy flowers and cake.
- Update your status on Facebook, send a Tweet on Twitter, and post messages on every possible social network announcing your friend’s birthday.
- Send a random beautiful girl or a handsome guy to wish them happy birthday.
- Play a prank on a good humored friend, record it on video, and give it as a gift he/she will cherish for a lifetime.