A friend makes you smile. A best friend makes you bust a gut laughing.
A friend listens when you have something to get off your chest. A best friend already knows all your secrets.
Having a friend is great. Having a best friend is, well, the best.
The only “problem” with having a best friend is that it can be hard to put into words what they mean to you. That’s where a big list such as the following comes in handy. It includes best friend quotes and sayings that run the gamut from profound to profoundly hilarious. You’ll want to share them with your BFF, natch.
To start things off, here are some well-known quotes about best friends and friendship in general.
Heartfelt and True
Here are some heartfelt sayings about best friends. Warning: Thinking about your own bestie while reading these may result in crying.
- Best friends can talk for hours about nothing at all, or say everything with just a look.
- A best friend may not always be there with you, but they’re always there for you.
- Best friends are like a pair of shoes: They need each other to function, and they’re practically indistinguishable. You might say they’re sole mates.
- Don’t tell me any secrets unless you want my bestie to know,
- You can tell your best friend things… sometimes things you can’t even tell yourself.
- I always dreamed of having someone like you in my life, but never thought it would happen. You are my fairy tale friend.
- A best friend knows exactly who you are. That’s because they helped make you who you are.
- Best friends don’t just keep your embarrassing secrets; they tell you their own secrets so you don’t feel quite so embarrassed anymore.
- How do I know you’re my best friend? Because you’re in all my favorite memories.
- A best friend can turn tears of sadness into tears of laughter before you even know what happened.
- A best friend makes you talk longer, smile wider, and laugh harder than you thought possible.
Finally, here are some funny best friend sayings. For more ideas, check out this collection of funny friendship quotes.
- A best friend is always ready with a shoulder for you to cry on, and a backhand for the person who made you sad.
- A best friend is someone who has seen your dance moves, smelled your farts, and heard about all your junior high crushes… and still wants to hang out with you.
- A friend will be your alibi. A best friend will be your accomplice.
- If you weren’t my best friend, I’d have to kill you. You know too much.
- It’s good for best friends to spend time apart once in awhile. Their voice boxes need time to recover.
- A best friend is someone who offers you a hand when you fall… right after they stop laughing their ass off.
- When you look at someone and the two of you start giggling like idiots for reasons no one understands… that’s when you know you have a best friend.
- Best friends are like family members you actually want to hang out with.
- Having a best friend is like other friendships, except twice as loud.
Looking for a message to share with your bestie on his or her birthday? We have an article for that, too.