Blake started out scribbling in cards over 30 years ago. Though his handwriting is mostly unchanged, the content has improved.
Writing in a 12-year-old’s birthday card can feel as awkward as eating lunch by yourself in the school cafeteria. Put yourself in the mindset of a pre-teen to come up with the best words.
Whether you write something funny or inspirational is up to you. Below are some examples of birthday messages for 12-year-olds. Don’t stress out too much. Remember that you’re writing in a birthday card, not trying to create the next bestselling novel. This article will provide you with:
- 27 birthday wishes for a 12-year-old
- 5 jokes for a 12-year-old’s birthday
- 4 poems for a kid’s birthday
Even though 12-year-olds probably like funny birthday wishes, you also have an opportunity to inspire with a meaningful or religious message. Below are 27 ideas for funny and meaningful birthday wishes.
27 Birthday Wishes for a 12-Year-Old
- When I turned 12, someone shared with me a very important and wise message that I’d like to share with you. “Have a happy 12th birthday.”
- I haven’t been this excited about your birthday since about a year ago.
- Somehow you barely look older than an eleven-year-old. Good thing your maturity makes up for your youthful looks.
- One more year until you’re a teenager!
- You’ve been around for 4382 days. You are getting really old.
- Being 12 is underrated. Look how cool you are!
- You are the youngest 12 year old I know.
- If I had to guess, I wouldn’t have thought you are 12. I would have thought you to be about 144 months old.
- I hope your 12th year is even better than your 11th!
- I’m looking forward to hanging out with a 12-year-old this year.
- Getting older is a fact of life. Being 12 is a blessing. Enjoy your youth!
- I’m looking forward to having a 12-year-old friend for the next year.
- You only turn 12 once, but you get to act like a 12-year-old for 365 days.
- You still look like you did when you were born, only you act like a 12-year-old now. Wait! I think I got that backward.
- Don’t forget where you came from. You used to be 11.
- It seems like just yesterday you were only 11.
- If only all 12-year-old people were as nice as you, the world would be a much better place.
- 12 is a magical age. You have one year before your unlucky 13th birthday.
- If it wasn’t for being around other 12-year-olds, being 12 wouldn’t be too bad.
- You are an amazing 12-year-old! I am looking forward to seeing what great things will happen in your life this year.
- Don’t let anyone look down on you because of your age. This is the year for you to amaze people.
- God has great plans for you this year. I know you will be used for His great purpose.
- It has been a joy watching you grow into the young person you have become. I can see you becoming more like an adult every day.
- If I could give you any advice today, I would tell you to keep doing what you are doing. You are one 12-year-old who is already doing well.
- I am amazed at your level of maturity. I seem to forget that you are only turning 12!
- Now that you’re 12, so many of your peers will need a good role model. I know you will be a good influence!
- Being 12 is more difficult than being 11, so I am wishing you luck with all your new pressures and responsibilities.
5 Jokes for a 12-Year-Old’s Birthday
- You could still eat off of the child’s menu, but you order off the adult menu anyway since your parents are paying.
- The IRS will never suspect that you are making $50,000 a year mowing lawns or babysitting.
- You don’t have to be 11 ever again!
- There’s something good about turning 12?
- You know you’re 12 years old when…
-Your parents aren’t very smart anymore.
-You’ve perfected the take-a-day-off-from-school cough.
-The price of your shoes is higher than your I.Q.
-You’re too cool to hug your parents in public.
-Hair is showing up in the strangest places.
Birthday Poems for a 12-Year-Old
While Childhood Lasts
Teenage years are on their way
There’s no need to grow up too fast
Please make your innocence stay
Have fun while your childhood lasts
Take a Bow
You don’t have to be grown-up
But you can do great things now
Drink responsibly from your cup
Eat birthday cake and take a bow
Don’t worry too much about doing it wrong
You won’t be twelve-years-old for very long
Acrostic Poem for 12th Birthday